Now that spring is officially in full swing here in Austin, families are starting to plan fun weekend excursions. The Austin area is home to plenty of awesome spring events and activities that suit a wide range of audiences from family-friendly and kid-targeted to adult-oriented and perfect for a date night. Check out these 9 great events and activities this spring!
- Berry Picking at Sweet Berry Farms. Take a drive out to Marble Falls for some pick-your-own berry fun! In addition to berry picking, Sweet Berry Farms also has goats, horses, and a donkey for kids to pet and a train that runs on the weekend. Strawberries are available through April, and blackberries through June.
- Unplugged at Grove. Catch free music in a cool atmosphere at KGSR’s Unplugged at the Grove. Perfect for a laid-back date night, check out the line-up
- Round Rock Express Games. Technically this one isn’t in Austin, but who doesn’t love a night at the ballpark? Take the kids on Sunday for a chance to run the bases after the game or on Friday for Family Friday. Even better: the Dell Diamond is adjacent to the Salt Lick, so stop by for some killer barbeque after the game! Find the full schedule here.
- Woodland Faerie Trail. The Zilker Botanical Gardens are lovely to visit any time of the year, but in the spring they host the Woodland Faerie Trail! Bring the kids to see quaint faerie homes and gardens set up all throughout the garden!
- Pecan Street Festival. Take a stroll down sixth street on May 2 & 3 for the Pecan Street Festival! Admission is free, and the festival features unique, handmade crafts, beautiful art, live music, and entertainment for all.
- Hill Country Holiday. Drive out west to Fredericksburg for a fun weekend in the hill country! Visit this quaint town for food and shopping, or maybe take a hike up Enchanted Rock. Don’t forget to stop by Wildseed Farms to see gorgeous fields of flowers and to pick up a packet or two of Texas wildflower seeds.
- Peter Pan Mini Golf. An Austin classic! Take advantage of the beautiful spring weather by playing a round of golf. Both kitschy courses feature fun statues at each hole, making Peter Pan a great outing for families, groups of friends, or dates.
- Austin Food & Wine Festival. A weekend devoted to eating, drinking, and cooking? Yes please! This annual festival is taking place April 24-26 this year and will feature demos by pro chefs, food and wine pairing, live music, and more.
- Blue Starlite Drive-in Theater. Blue Starlite brings back the retro vibe back to Austin with its drive-in theater. Perfect for date night or for some family fun, check out special showings and events here.
There’s something for everyone in this town, so get out and enjoy the spring sunshine!